Fake Arizona IDs: What You Need to Know
The United States has a problem with a growing proliferation of fake identification cards across the nation. Many of these fake IDs come from increasingly sophisticated counterfeiters located overseas with highly sophisticated equipment. The impact of the phenomenon is clearly evident in all 50 states, and there is no better example than the state of Arizona. The stories below offer a snapshot of how the use of fake ID’s has proliferated in the Copper State.
- In order to help further combat the distribution and use of fake ID’s, the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety issued a $60,000 grant earlier this year to help further the cause of getting all forged ID’s off the streets. The additional funds will be used increase the enforcement and education fake ID laws and tactics, as well better fund the state’s Covert Underage Buyer (CUB) Program, in which the police utilize minors to catch businesses willing to sell alcohol to underage people.
- Police are on the lookout for two suspects who are accused of using forged checks and identification to fraudulently purchased about $500 worth of goods from a Target store in Oro Valley. Police believe the two visited the same store eight times, and were successful on two of those trips. After analyzing the checks, the authorities believe that both were created by the two, and that they are most likely trying the same scheme in other southern Arizona stores
The Penalties for Fake ID possession in Arizona
The state of Arizona classifies the use of a fake ID as a class 1 misdemeanor, and carries a penalty of a possible six month jail sentence, 3 years of probation, and/or a fine of up to $2,500. On top of that, the Arizona Department of Transportation will suspend your driver’s license for six months (should you not have a driver’s license then the DOT will ban you from applying for one for six months).
It is important to know that while these punishments apply to the use of a completely fake ID, you will also face the same charges and penalties should you use:
- An ID that belongs to a person other than you
- An ID that belongs to you but has been altered so that the information appears different
How to Spot a Fake Arizona ID
For bartenders, doormen, waiters, waitresses, notaries, bank tellers, retail clerks, and any other individuals who must verify ID in some sort of professional capacity, the recent surge in fake ID production and possession is troubling to say the least.
Often times the party responsible for failing to spot (ore even ignoring) a fake ID assumes just as much, or even more, liability than the party that presented the ID. Therefore, it is imperative that businesses needing to regular verify the identification of their patrons use the I.D. Checking Guide.
What the I.D. Checking Guide Includes:
- A full page or more for each U.S. state and Canadian province identity card sample, showing driver’s licenses and ID cards, plus U.S. and Canadian territories.
- Guidelines on standard Arizona driver's license terms, term length, etc.
- An explanation of where over-lapping laser perforation, ghost images, hidden UV images, raised print, and holograms should be found on valid Arizona ID
- An explanation of what the proper alphanumeric sequencing of a Arizona ID or Driver's license should be (i.e how many letters, numbers, etc.)
- Full details for Pre-2015 driver's licenses and the current Arizona driver's licenses. Ssd Id Ohio Bank – Notes Fake In Online Chemicals And Buy Card
- "How to check driver’s licenses" techniques for training use.